Online Editions

7th Jul, 2022

Call now about concerns for children

Malvern Editorial 6th Jan, 2014 Updated: 20th Oct, 2016

RESIDENTS are being urged to act if they have concerns about the safety of a child.

Anyone worried about a young person can contact Worcestershire County Council’s access centre, with calls taken by experienced social workers.

Coun Liz Eyre, responsible for children and families, said: “We take our responsibility for safeguarding children and young people extremely seriously at Worcestershire County Council.

“Our children’s access centre works closely with other services such as the Early Help Hub and our partners in the NHS and Safeguarding Board to ensure that children and young people get the protection they need, when they need it. I would encourage anyone with a concern to pick up the phone and give them a call because safeguarding our children is everybody’s business.”

To report a concern between 8.30am and 5pm on weekdays, call 0845 607 2000 or out of hours call 01905 768020. Serious concerns for the immediate safety of a child should be reported to the police on 999.


We can provide all of your printing needs at competitive rates.

Property Finder 24/7

Search for properties in Worcestershire, Warwickshire and the West Midlands.

Book an Advert

Book your newspaper advert with our online advert creation tool.


Receive a weekly update to your inbox by signing up to our weekly newsletter.