COUNCIL bosses say the workforce at a vegetable picking farm near Malvern have been quarantined to reduce the risk of spreading Coronavirus.
It comes after around 75 people tested positive for Covid-19.
The farm, run by AS Green and Co, is based in Mathon and on the Herefordshire / Worcestershire border.
On Sunday Herefordshire Council confirmed it was working with Public Health England (PHE) Midlands to support the business owners following the outbreak.
And yesterday a spokesperson said: “Around 200 key workers are employed to carry out picking and packing work vital to the UK food supply chain and local economy.
“During the harvesting season, the workforce resides in mobile homes based on the farm, so as a precaution, the whole group are being treated as one extended bubble.
“Workers are being asked to remain on the farm during the period of isolation and stay within household groups, to reduce risk of spread within the workforce and into the wider community.
“Herefordshire Council is arranging food and essential supplies for residents on the site, while they self-isolate.”
Some reports suggested some employees had left the site while others suggested stores in Worcester and Malvern had been visited.
Dr Kathryn Cobain, Director for Public Health for Worcestershire, said; “Before the Covid-19 outbreak at the AS Green company farm in Herefordshire, some of the workers visited a small number of stores in Worcester and Malvern.
“The risk to other users and staff in these stores is very low.
“If shoppers observe the social distancing and hand hygiene guidance, and wear a face covering where distancing is not possible, they keep themselves and others safe.
“Environmental Health are continuing to carry out compliance checks in stores, to ensure correct procedures are followed.
“We continue to work alongside our Public Health colleagues in Herefordshire to monitor the situation, and to gather as much information from the workers as possible.
“Our outbreak control plan is in place, ready to respond if needed.
“The Herefordshire outbreak is a reminder to us all that Covid-19 has not gone away and we should follow the guidance in place to keep us all safe.”