Sanctions removed on Malvern councillor who was banned from buildings - The Malvern Observer

Sanctions removed on Malvern councillor who was banned from buildings

Malvern Editorial 15th Oct, 2014 Updated: 20th Oct, 2016   0

A DISTRICT councillor who was banned from council premises and had his e-mail address frozen has had his privileges reinstated.

Coun Clive Smith from the Democratic group was informed the sanctions had been lifted on Thursday (October 9), the day after the Observer reported his plight.

The matter has been going on for more than two months after the Link ward member found himself in hot water when he told a junior officer he was submitting a complaint.

Chief executive Chris Bocock then stopped Coun Smith’s access to council buildings and blocked his official MHDC e-mail address.




Coun Julian Roskams, leader of the Democratic Group, made the issue public after his attempts to resolve the matter privately came to little avail.

Coun Smith said: “I am glad it has been resolved and now it is time to move on. My only regret is that it had to come out in public before it was settled. It is not generally the way I like to do things. It was all just very unnecessary.”


A spokeswoman for Malvern Hills District Council confirmed the issue had been resolved.

Announcements

Weddings, Birthdays, Bereavements, Thank you notices, Marriages and more.

Subscribe

Receive a weekly update to your inbox by signing up to our weekly newsletter.

Buy Photos

Buy photos online from the Malvern Observer newspaper.

Printing

We can provide all of your printing needs at competitive rates.